Friday, February 21, 2014

Teachers at Work (02-21-14)


Teachers at Work (02-21-14)

 

We have had another busy week.  Both of us are now teaching graduate courses.  Darlene’s class meets 3-5 pm, and mine 5-8 pm (I eat dinner after class). 

 

This week, I delivered four “heavy” lectures: two in Soteriology = the doctrine of Salvation; two in Pneumatology = the doctrine of the Spirit. 

 

Pneumatology, Part II last evening covered four topics: the Person of the Spirit (OT & NT); the Baptism of the Spirit (in Acts); the Gifts of the Spirit (three major texts); the Fruit of the Spirit (three major texts).  This lecture took the full three hours; I covered four large blackboards with notes; I came home exhausted. 

 

Needless to say, a lot of time and work is involved in preparing such lectures.  Additionally, I am serving as thesis director to four Masters’ students, three of whom visited me today.  So we are being kept quite busy, as visiting faculty.

No comments:

Post a Comment